Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bow Tie Block Lottery

I have now finished 5 blocks for the upcomming block lottery at The Norwegain Quilters Association annual meeting in March.


The block is called Bow Tie. They are made of squares 4,5 inches and 2,5 inches. I used only used fabric from my stash for these blocks.


This is the third time I am participating in the lottery, maybe three times is the charm (or third time and your out)?

I have also registered for a class with Grete Gulliksen Moe, about how to make your own block designs from nature. Her latest book (in norwegian) "Fargesprakende patchwork" looks very appealing with the bright colors and the flowers.


My contriubution in the upcoming NQF competition is finished, sent off and confirmed to be received. Hope for better reviews than the disaster last year with my "Hawaiian Vacation" quilt.



What do I start now? I have received this book "Kontstrikk" by Ruth Gullbekk Bolstad, as a present about an old finnish(?) knitting technique. (Anybody knows the english term?) Can't wait to start....

1 comment:

merete said...

Gleder meg til å se arbeidet ditt på utstillingen! Ja, kanskje tredje gangen byr på lykke, - la oss satse på at det kommer inn en del blokker til lotteriet!

Noen ganger er selve løftet foran en konkuranse, at jeg tvinger meg sjøl til å gjøre arbeidet helt ferdig og få det av gårde. Så mange ganger har tanken og ideen blitt til halvferdig før redselen for å ikke være "god" nok dukker opp og alt blir liggende. I dag vinner jeg en seier hver gang jeg overkommer engstelsen og stolt kan gå på postkontoret. Hurra - hurra!

:-)