Sunday, June 12, 2011

Book review

The Tenderness of WolvesThe Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney


My rating: 3 of 5 stars




“1867, Canada.
As winter tightens its grip on the isolated settlements of Dove River, a woman steels herself a journey of a lifetime. A man has been brutally murdered and her seventeen-year-old son has disappeared. The violence has re-opened old wounds and inflamed deep-running tensions in the frontier township – some want to solve the crime; others seek only to exploit it.”
This novel is a mixture of a crime novel, wilderness adventure and historical romance. It tells a series of stories connected in the beginning of the book, but they all does not come together at the end. Is there a second book? There are too many characters, which made it a little hard to follow at times.
I did enjoyed reading the book, but it was a little too slow paced. I think this book would make a wonderful movie, the author has directed several movies, hope this one is her next!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Truly this is a very enjoyable reading for me.
I agree that the story will make a wonderful film. Am waiting.
My rating would be 4/5