Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fall feeling with Minestrone Soup

The last couple of days I have had a feeling that fall is early this year. It has been cold at night, yesterday had heavy rain and today very windy.


Today I have given all my potted plants an xtreme makeover. Feels good to get that done!


I also made some comfort food for dinner, a home-made minestrone soup served with bread, cheese and pesto. I love this quick and easy soup:


Minestrone Soup:
Fry 300 grams of minced meat in a large kettle. Add approx. 1 liter of meat broth and a can of chopped tomatoes. Add 4 sliced poatatoes, 2 sliced carrots, 1 sliced leek, 1 chopped onion and a cup of uncooked pasta. Let the soup simmer until the vegetables are tender. Add 1 can of red or white beans, 1 small can of sweet corn and half a chopped squash or cucumber. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!


I also want to show you a flower that I got in a bouquet from the man himself, amazing and long lasting cut flower.

1 comment:

knitnetty said...

Suppen ser veldig god ut. Jeg skal prøve den en dag. Det passer bra nå som høsten ser ut til å ha satt inn.