Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Norwegian Quilt Show 2010

Since my Bernina is not cooperating at the moment, there are no finishes to report, so I blog some quilts from the quilt show I attended with my "A Lovely Foursome" quilt. 

The amazing work of Yoko Saito made me speachless.

















"Kvinne-arven" (Heritage of Women) by Tone Storhaug was amazing. It was assembeld of pieces of old table cloths and embroideries. There was also a book describing the history of the women that contributed with cloths.
The quilt was voted the best in show by the audience, and will be part of the "Festival of Quilts" in England.

No quilt show without a Dear Jane quilt! This one is called "Jane having the blues" and is made by Berit Hansen Gilde.

2 comments:

Lorchen said...

I was very lucky to be able to admire Tone Storhaug's beautiful quilt when it was exhibited at Festival of Quilts in the UK last year. I kept going back to have another look.

Lorchen in the UK

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Gorgeous quilts! I love seeing Dear Janes in different color schemes <3