Saturday, October 11, 2008

Four Thimble Placemats

The basic pattern is from the book "Lappeteknikk slik gjør du det" by Tove Fevang. This is my second project based on this book, the other one was a log-cabin.
The fabric was purchased at Larvik Kommune Gavekroken.
The wine glass in the picture is made by a local supplier "Kongsberg Glassblåseri"
I will give the placemats as a lottery price to "Jondalen Sanitetsforening".

I am thinking of another design for these placemats, where I will replace the green thimbles with christmas greens (trees), and the other thimbels in christmas reds. Binding should be green. Quilting with gold thread. - If I get time, too many projects right now. It's time to start making christmas presents!

2 comments:

Anne-Grethe said...

De var kjempefine! Minner meg om at jeg stadig skulle ha sydd noen nye dekkebrikker...
Og så snill du er som gir dem til Sanitetsforeningen! :-)

Country Lou said...

These placemats are amazing, I like the colours very much.
Well done Mona!