Friday, January 1, 2010

New beginnings

I'm back from my Egyptian christmas vacation, I will give you a full report when I have organized my pictures.
During the trip I had a small knitting project. The baby hat and socks is for a colleague of mine, she is due with her second child very shortly.


A new year and a new life.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yarn : Freestyle from Dale, Color number 6015


Pattern book Dalegarn no 219
Pattern no 21803, designed by Kari Haugen.



I did not like the way the heel was done in this pattern, so I knitted the heel as follows:
Knit four times across the heel stiches (here 16 stiches), knit on front, purl on back.On fifth pin, knit 10, turn the next (11th) stich backwards, knit it together with the 12th stich (First picture).
Turn the work around and purl in the other direction. Slip first stich withouth knitting it. Purl 4 stiches in the other direction. Purl the next two stiches togheter.Turn the work around and slip first stich withouth knitting it.Knit until 1 stich before where you turned last time. Turn the stich backwards, then knit thestich together with the stich after where you turned last time. Turn again and repeat until there are no more stiches on the outside (Picture 2).Go back to knitting in a circle, and pick up 4 new stiches on each side of the heel(Picture 3). Adjust number of stiches on the arch as specified in the pattern.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! and whilst on holiday!

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.