Sunday, September 25, 2011

Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along Week 2

Block 6 (right in picture): Road to Retreat designed by Barbara Raisbeck.

Block 5 (left in picture): Holiday Ribbon designed by Ryan Walsh.
I thought this block was too large, it did not blend in well with the other blocks. I did like it a lot when several blocks were put together, it made the ribbon come out better. So I decided to downscale the block. I made 4 blocks each 3,5 inch.  To make this block, you need 1 square 4,5 inch in green, 1 square 4,5 inch in white and 2  4 inch squares in red. See Ryans instructions!

Block 4 (middle in picture): Cookies 4 Santa, designed by Kim Hanson.
We feed the Santa porridge in the barn in Norway. But we have a strong tradition on making gingerbread cookies for christmas, so I adjusted the design slightly.
 

2 comments:

Grete said...

Fine blokker! Blir spennende å se alle sydd sammen!

Khris said...

Hi..I dont suppose you have the tutorial saved at all? The link is no longer working and his blog seems to have been close...thanks Khris