Sunday, September 25, 2011

Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along Week 2

Block 6 (right in picture): Road to Retreat designed by Barbara Raisbeck.

Block 5 (left in picture): Holiday Ribbon designed by Ryan Walsh.
I thought this block was too large, it did not blend in well with the other blocks. I did like it a lot when several blocks were put together, it made the ribbon come out better. So I decided to downscale the block. I made 4 blocks each 3,5 inch.  To make this block, you need 1 square 4,5 inch in green, 1 square 4,5 inch in white and 2  4 inch squares in red. See Ryans instructions!

Block 4 (middle in picture): Cookies 4 Santa, designed by Kim Hanson.
We feed the Santa porridge in the barn in Norway. But we have a strong tradition on making gingerbread cookies for christmas, so I adjusted the design slightly.
 

2 comments:

Grete said...

Fine blokker! Blir spennende å se alle sydd sammen!

Khristina aka Khris said...

Hi..I dont suppose you have the tutorial saved at all? The link is no longer working and his blog seems to have been close...thanks Khris