Are you trying to use up your scraps, but don't do much progress? Here is a real scrap buster; knit rugs with fabric strips! They can be great as chair cushions, on the porch, or as a bed for your little pet!
Make the fabric yarn as follows:
- Fabric strips is cut 1 1/4 inch wide (great accuracy not required).
- Fold the end of the strip, about an inch. Cut a hole in the fabric, approximately half an inch. Repeat on both ends of the strips.
- Take two strips with cut holes.
- Put the left (green) strip from below an through the hole of the right (pink) strip.
- Take the other end of the right (pink) strip and pull it all the way up and trough the left (green) strip.
- Pull on the strips, and they should be connected.
The rug in the picture below is 25 stitches and 56 rows. The finished size is 13,5 x 17,5 inches. This is a little narrow for e.g. a kitchen chair, I would recommend 30 stitches. Bigger sized are heavy to handle when knitting. I would rather recommend that you made several and stitch them together with a fabric strip and a large needle or large crochet hook.
|Mom, are you done taking those pictures? Can I use it now?|
Linking up with: