Sunday, September 4, 2022

Alaska Cobbelstone Quilt

For this quilt I used one pack of "Sample Alaska", 49 10 inch Pre-cut Batik Squares from Sew,n Bee Cozy in Seward, Alaska. I added a few additional squares from my stash. Backing and binding also from my stash.

I cut the squares in half, and made 16 strips with 6 blocks in each. Then I added a "half" block on left or right. The half block is 5,5 times 5 inches. Sew strips together.
This was a quick and easy project, and displays all the beautiful fabrics very well.
The quilt is quilted on my domestic machine in a meander pattern with variegated thread.
The quilt will be used at my cabin in the Norwegian mountains. The finished size is width 62 inch and hight 80 inches, a good lap quilt.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Goodness, this is a gorgeous quilt! Thank you for sharing it and especially thanks for including instructions! It's going on my 2023 TO DO list! Happy New Year! :)